Welcome to the django-hotsauce toolkit, a open and modular web framework on top of Django and WSGI.
Scalable and non-monolithic by design
Allow developers to write scalable Django apps easily. The notmm toolkit provides a modular API to develop reusable WSGI applications environment on top of the Django framework.
Pragmatic Web Application Development
Allow developers to test and develop server side WSGI applications in a restricted environment by writing unit tests.
Rapid Framework Refactoring
Based on the unittest module for continuous integration and rapid web framework refactoring.
Fully open source licensed (Apache). The django-hotsauce toolkit works best under the Linux OS or a BSD variant.
- Follows the WSGI 1.0 specification for development of related HTTP-based libraries in Python.
- Supports most Django apps designed for Django, including Satchmo, FeinCMS, and more.
- MVC (Model-View-Controller) API design with built-in regular-expression URL dispatching.
- UTF-8 template loading, rendering, and caching. (Mako, Beaker)
- Memcache backend support tools.
- The API pages and the Developer Handbook are generated with Doxygen`_ and Sphinx respectively.
- Compatible with Python 2.5, 2.6, and 2.7.
- Commercial support available.
- AES encryption of picklable Python objects using pycryptopp
- SQLAlchemy database backends and functions. (Declarative mapper, Elixir)
- Non-relational database backends and functions. (Schevo, MongoDB)
- Gevent controllers for manipulating middleware objects
- Native Epoll support
- Experimental C bindings generation with Cython.
- Experimental OAuth2 support (require oauthlib)
Please see the wiki for real-world examples of applications using the notmm toolkit. In addition, the examples directory includes demo apps to experiment freely.
Current stable version is 0.6.7.
Download the current development version via mercurial:
$ hg clone https://bitbucket.org/tkadm30/django-hotsauce django-hotsauce
Alternatively, you may download the stable release from here.
Copyright 2007-2017 Etienne Robillard
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.